Sunday, November 14, 2004

How to Persuade People

I wanted to keep track of How do you persuade? from Scoble, because it struck a chord with me. Since learning more about business, I try to not always track down the best products, but also the best service. I've reached a point in life where price isn't always the best measure, and I want people who treat me (as a customer) like a valuable asset to succeed. The article basically sums up how I like to be treated when I'm going in to make a purchase or simply to explore the product. Most of the time I end up knowing more than the sales person of a product, and if they admit that, I'll give them some slack -- if they don't, and try to strong arm me, I'll just leave. It's a shame that there are too many people like that. If they would take the time to probe, the could learn a few things about their product.

No comments: