Thursday, February 04, 2010

Destiny Revealed


Originally uploaded by ryandobson

I've had a curious relationship with my Mac's. Each one has been dubbed a new name. I sort of feel like Chaos Manor, in this respect. I remember reading Jerry's column in Byte, and he was always talking about some computer with a new name.

The new iMac's name is Destiny, because it's my fourth Mac, I like Stargate Universe, and I hope to turn a new corner on this Mac.

My first Mac's (a dual-USB iBook) name was "Apropos", and I just always liked running that command on Unix. The next, a PowerPC Mac mini, is named "Babylon", after Babylon 5, the best Sci-Fi series out there. Babylon is still running strong. My third, "Campbell", named after Bruce Campbell, is a 15" MacBook Pro that I use at my day job.

Funny naming, but it keeps me creative. Here's to a new Apple rising.


No comments: