Friday, August 26, 2005

An amazing world we live in...

Sometimes this stuff is just old hat to me, but every now and then I take a look back at just how far we've come and am amazed. I am listening to a song on my iPod here, and I thought to myself, "That is a cool tune. I wonder what that is like in guitar tablature?" I then just typed in the name of the song and the word tablature into the Google search bar of Firefox, and there it was. Now, keep in mind, ten years ago I had to scour several text-only sites, and search for awhile to find anything. Often, I'd have to go to newsgroups, or even just go out and find the sheet music. I'm not trained to read music very well, so that wasn't what I wanted anyway. That's if I could find it at all. I'm a hack guitarist. This is just one example. Often I will come up with a question in my head; something like, "I wonder how this works?" I can usually just type that into Google and get an answer really quickly. Life is better in the information age. P.S. The song was "Conviction of the Heart", by Kenny Loggins.

No comments: